Monday, October 09, 2006

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month! I was recently introduced to a blog that I find inspirational. This weblog is authored by a women who is actually going through breast cancer. herself. The news of her breast cancer came to Sylvie at the age of 36. She is the mother of 3 teenagers and was planning her wedding when she found out the devastating news. She decided to journal here breast cancer survivor story in a weblog. I read a few of her posts and it is obvious that this women has a strong character. She has decided not to let the horrible statistics of the type of breast cancer she has keep her from living her life. No one really knows how they will handle the news of a terminal diagnosis but I hope that I could display a strength like hers.

Her first round of Chemotherapy will take place in a few days. I am sure she would love for us all to pray for her but just as important to check yourself this month. My heart goes out to you Sylvie. I will be praying for you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Hi Sylvie,
Thanks for you comment. I wanted also let you know that I donated the money from this post to the 3DayMom. A fellow Postie, Colleen set it up with PPP.
By the way, I am sorry about misspelling your name. I fixed it :o).

Thanks!

Mona

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home