Thursday, October 26, 2006

The English Language

It has been said that the English language is one of the hardest languages to learn. I suppose this is because of all the different languages that make up this language. It can be difficult to follow the rules when some of the rules don't make a bit of sense. Some rules do make sense but since there are so many rules it is very hard to remember even those.
I spoke German when I was a child. I learned it fairly quickly as most children learn new languages quickly. But I now realize that there was more order to the language. I was fluent in the language about a year after we moved there. I was even so familiar with the language that I my thoughts where in German as well.
Mostly like the reason I learned this language so fast was because I was immersed in the culture. I went to German schools, watched German TV, and played with German speaking friends. The best way to learn a new language is to be immersed into the language and culture. So if the best way to learn German is to live in Germany than the best way to learn English would be to live in England or America.
There is the English School London that could provide help to those living in or near the UK. I check out this site and and found it to be a very useful website. They offer a English level test online which I thought was interesting. They also have a blog you can check out.
I would love to return to the country of my second language again. I hope I will be able to do this in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home