Thursday, October 19, 2006

Flower arrangements

I have always admired people are natural at decorating their homes. Right now my home is a disaster and decorating is last on my list. Hopefully if I can ever find time and money to actually concentrate on decorating maybe I could also be good at it. My goal is to one day have free flower arrangements on the my dining room table and in my kitchen. I of course will be picking these flowers from my very own garden.
I read about a really neat way to use sunflowers in arrangements. Here are the instructions:

Take 5 to 10 sunflowers cut them at different heights and place them in a high vase (at least about 16 inches in height). Make sure you use a rather robust and heavy vase, otherwise it will tip over because of the weight of the sunflowers’ heads. A table cloth in an earthy tone works well with sunflowers and enhances their fresh yellow tone. You do not even need any further filler flowers our greenery. However, if you still have some black-eyed susans in your back yard, add them to the sunflowers to create a wonderful wild flower arrangement.

Sunflowers would be really easy for me to grow and I would just love to be able to set out an arrangement like that. Maybe one day I can get myself of this computer and start a garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home