Monday, October 16, 2006

Life Insurance

I have trying to get a new life insurance plan for almost a year now. The other day I got a called from the insurance broker. The agent told me that my file is too old now and that we need to start the whole process over again. So now I have to resubmit all the forms and get the medical tests taken all over again.
I can't really say it was the brokers fault. I don't think my health insurance company was being very cooperative. From what I heard Kaiser is not very good about releasing patience records. So here I am almost a year later trying to decide what to do. I will have to get my annual pap smear before I can resubmit the paper work. The problem is my insurance now has a $1500 deductible. So, if I make an appointment I will have to pay the full visit out of pocket. I know that my health is very important but if you don't have the money, you don't have the money.
So I guess this is something I am going to have to work out. By the way, term life insurance is the best type of life insurance there is. Don't bother with any of the other plans they are not work you money. A life insurance plan should never be considered a good "savings plan", therefore don't fall into the Universal or Global life policies. My husband and I where young and chose a life insurance only because his parents had this type of policy. We didn't realize that this type of insurance policy was a waist of our money until we were introduced to Dave Ramsey. He gave us some very sound financial advice which included finding the best life insurance policy. He also recommended getting a 20-30 year guaranteed plan. My husband was able to switch his plan and now we have a much, much better policy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home