Saturday, October 14, 2006

Cha Cha Human Search Engine

I just check out the Cha Cha Human Search Engine site and I have to say it is quite interesting. I wanted to search for an area specific internet service provider so I first used the basic search which came up with some sites that had nothing to do with the town I was looking for. Then I decided to use a guide. I put the information I was looking for in the guided search but it said there was not guide available. I thought that if I put in a basic request like "hair dryer" then maybe I could get a guide. I did get a guide right away for that search. I then told the guide that I wasn't really looking for hair dryers but a satellite provider in my area. She was glad to help me and found 3 specific links related to my request.
I also asked her how she liked being a guide. She said she there are some technical gliches that can get frustrating but thought it was also fun.
From what I understand becoming a guide is fairly simple. You have to get an invitation from an existing guide and go through a train process. There are some requirements one of which is to have highspeed internet.
Overall, I think this human search engine could become very hand. I am not sure what these guide do differently to find the searches. It was really nice to be give 3 specifically related results rather than 3,000 unrelated ones.
I am looking into becoming a guide. I will let you know how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home