Monday, October 02, 2006

Mommy Brain Stories

I love to hear "Mommy Brain" stories. If you are a mom you know what Mommy Brain is. It's what you operate on most of your child raising years. Here a few examples of mommy brain stories I got my My Mommy Time forum:

Ok, I had to fill a pot with water. Easy right? Well, I also had to check the laundry. So I turn on the faucet, place the pot on the counter and let the pot start to fill. I have a filter in place, so I don't have a large amount of water that streams from the faucet. I go check the laundry. Then I sit down and check my email. Pot, Water???? UHHHH, about 10 minutes later I hear running water in the kitchen- more like a waterfall. I FORGOT I WAS FILLING THE POT WITH WATER!! So now I have a swimming pool in my kitchen and on my counter a little pond. Well, I guess I will have to mop the floor today anyway. I was gonna wait until tomorrow, but today is looking really good. And the best part is- I do it again the next day!!!


This is not one of my best mommy brain stories but I thought it was funny. I actually did this a couple of weeks ago. My kids an I were going to see a Wizard of Oz play near were we live and I decided to make lunches so that I didn't have to spend any money on eating out. So all I really had was peanut butter and honey so I began to make peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Simple enough right? Well, I guess my brain was in mommy brain gear because as I was spreading peanut butter over the peices of bread I realized I had created a tripple layer sandwich I don't even know how I did it and there was no fixing it so I my kids and I had to have tripple layer peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch.


This is a cute Mommy Brain story I witnessed the other day. A friend of mine and I where talking and walking around our church discussing our up coming vacation bible school plans. We started in the kitchen and then proceeded to walk all around the church talking about where things were going.
Let me back up. This friend has 4 kids the oldest 14 and the youngest is 6 months. She wheeled the baby in the stroller and parked it in the kitchen of the church. Her older son took the baby with the stroller and was wheeling him around the church as we were talking.
So after a while we get back to the kitchen and her older son comes and parks the stroller next to her and then leaves the kitchen. With the most serious look on her face she looks at me and another lady and says "Was he here the whole time?!". She had thought she left the baby sitting in the kitchen the whole time we were walking around LoL. The best part was the look on her face. I can't describe it but it was funny. We all laughed and told her that her older son had just brought him in. LOL!
This may be one of those " You should have been there stories" but it was great! Anyway, please add any Mommy Brain stories you have because I could always use a good laugh


I guess I have been hanging around more moms than I usally do because I witnesses another "Mommy Brain" scene today.

This is not the same friend as yesterday but she was close by.
This friend has 2 boys 6 months and 2 years. In our church nursery we have one of those doors that is cut in half so the top half opens seperate from the bottom. I was on the outside of the door and the top half was open all the way. My friend was inside the room on the other side of the door. Her 2 year old was on the same side as I was and he wanted her to pick him up. She had a cup of punch in her hand so in order to pick him up she decided to put the cup in her mouth. As she was picking up her son over the half-door she hit his head against the door. She tried to make it all better by continuing to lift him up and console him. Well, instead of just lifting him up she decided to lean her head back at the same time. She spilled the whole cup of punch all over her self by doing this LOL It was so funny! I laughed very hard, LOL. I can't wait to see if there will be another Mommy Brain story tomorrow.


If you have a story please come share it, I would love to have another good laugh.
My Mommy Time forum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home