Friday, September 29, 2006

Alcohol and Drug Rehab

You either become your parents or break the cycle and make your own path.

One of my parents struggled with alcoholism when I was growing up. It was never a pretty site to see my parent drunk. I have very vivid memories my life with an alcoholic parent. Growing up I decided I wasn't going to be that way and stayed far away from alochol or drugs. I am a parent now and because of the descisons I made as a child and I continue to make as an adult, my kids will never have to live a life of caos and worry associated with alcoholism.
For many people becoming like their parents is almost expected. Being a child of an alcoholic parent is not easy but it is not your destiny to become an alcoholic yourself. It is important to know that you are valued and that your life path does not have to follow your parents. Getting help at an alcohol rehab or drug rehab is the first step. If you are a parent dealing with alcohoism, remember this:
You are valued and you don't have to lead the life path you are choosing. Get help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home