Thursday, December 14, 2006

DVD players

Have you ever heard of a blu-ray DVD player? I don't know if I am just out of the tech loop but I have never heard it. Aparently it was only just released in the UK in 2006. I don't know about other countries but I assume it was about the same time. The Blu-ray disc player is a new type of audio-visual equipment designed to play Blu-ray discs. This DVD player is designed to be more accurate than the regular dvd. The blue-violet laser is more accurate because it has a shorter wavelength than the red laser. Blu-ray can store up to five times the ammount of date that can be stored on DVDs or CDs.
This is exciting news. Except for the fact that yet again we are moving to another video formate. Which means in a few years all of our DVD players and CD players are going to be almost obsoleet. I guess it's a good thing though. Technology will advance.
If you are interesting in finding out more about this check out the DVD Recorders and Players Guide or the Samsung Blu-Ray Disc Player.
I am intersted in finding out how long it will be before most people have the Blu-Ray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home