Monday, September 18, 2006

15 years of marriage.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary in a couple of weeks. I can't believe it's been 15 years. It doesn't really seem that long ago. We are still happily married and have 3 children together. Thinking back on our wedding there are few things I wish we could have done differently. I was never much for planning weddings and when I got married I was quite young. I was clueless. I didn't know anything about planning a wedding. We had a nice wedding but the reception was something I look back on a wish I had done differently. We had our reception in the garage of my in laws house. It's not a bad thing really it's just something I wish I had spent a little extra money to have somewhere else. If the reception was in a very nice garage and garden that would have been one thing. It was, lets just say, not a very pretty location. But I was young and clueless and we were broke.

Something that would have been really nice would have been to have a themed rehersal dinner or reception. If money wasn't a issue I would have made a beach theme or something like that. I don't think I even gave any of my bridesmaid gifts or the grooms for that matter. Oh well, it didn't change how I felt about my husband and the fact that I love him even more now than I did that day.

Check out shopforweddings.com if you want to get some great ideas for your wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home