Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Country Music

I moved to a mountain country where the best station that comes over the radio is a country music station. I never thought I would say that I listen to country music. Well, my name is Mona and I am a country music listener.
Before I moved here the twangy country singers almost irriated me but now I think the twangier the better (sometimes). I have grown to really like country music and some of my friends think I am a little strange. Of course none of those friends live in the town.
I think my favorite thing about country songs is the artists ability to make me cry within a few seconds of listening the song. Some of these songs are deep! My daughter can't handle the sad songs so as soon as one comes on she changes the station (to static). But if I am in the car alone and one of those sad, sad songs comes on 9 times out of 10 I will turn it up and start balling my eyes out. You know those gooooood cries. The ones most men don't understand. My daughter hasn't embrassed her feminity yet. I have tried to explain to her that she has to learn how to cry every onces in a while so she can out live all the boys her age. So that's my country music story.
Though I listen to country songs all day I still don't really know who's singing what. I guess I am not a die-hard fan. My new favorite is from the sound track of the new Flicka movie. Don't know the names of the song or singer--sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home