Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My wedding ring

Someone complimented my ring the other day. I like my ring but am kind of surprised because it's kind of small. When I first got my ring 15 years ago I didn't really care about the size of the diamond. I was young and just loved that I was getting a ring and marrying my dream man. Well, I don't know if time made be more shallow or if it is natural for a woman to want the next step up. There is nothing wrong with woman who want new diamond rings? Is there? Am I being materialistic? I hope not.
My husband and I recently celebrated our 15 year anniversary and our gift to each other was a dinner and movie and a pair of prescription glasses for me. It just so happened that my only pair of glass finally broke and I needed a new pair. Since we are on a tight budget the $400 that went into the new glass was all the extra (we never really have extra) money we had. So no gifts for one another this year.
My hope is that our 20th can be a big one. Maybe we can even have a party and invite all our friends. Our reception 15 years ago was not exactly what I would have chosen but that is a whole different story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home