Monday, November 20, 2006

Should I track my teenager?

My oldest child in not yet old enough to drive but it's only a few years away. I worry about her driving. Not because I think she is not responsible or trustworthy but because of the other drivers out there. There are so many careless drivers out there.
So when I say this web site Brickhouse Security started thinking about the benefits of tracking my teenage driver. They have GPS Tracking equipment that is kind of expensive but I could see how it could be useful to some people. If you had an unruly teenager or a employee that had a company vehicle this tool could be useful.
You can test this product on their website. You can actually track a vehicle and watch it move. You should check it out.
I have mixed feelings about tracking my teenager. It's almost like reading their diary. Not much privacy or trust. But I suppose if your teenager was already continuously violating your trust it would be different. As far as tracking employees, I feel that might be crossing the line as well. Unless you told your employee before you allow them to drive the car. That way at least the employee would know not to do anything questionable while driving the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home