Thursday, December 21, 2006

Debt Free Christmas Shopping

I don't know if I have write about credit cards much on this blog but I do on my Time To Budget blog. I hate credit cards and I think that using them is foolish. Yes, I know people are going to say to me "But, if you correctly they can be a useful tool". What does it mean to use credit cards correctly? Buying only as much as you can afford the payments? Or maybe it's paying them off every month? Ok let's say you can afford the payments, what happens if life happens and you loose your job? What then? Not to mention your are actually paying possibly hundreds or thousands more in interest by the time you pay it off.
May you are one of those "I pay it off every month" people. You could loose your job too or have some other emergency that requires yu to use the money you would have for the credit card balance.
I am firmly against borrowing money now that I have been in debt for 15 years. I have seen nothing but pain and suffering come from credit card use and vow never to borrow money again. I don't borrow on credit cards, from parents or friends or from banks. The only exception to this rule might be to buy a home on a 15 year loan.
So why am I saying all of this because this Christmas could be the begining of a new ay of thinking for you. Don't purchase Christmas presents on credit cards this year.

That all being said if you are still determined to use credit cards at least read about credit card news and credit card advice to become better educated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home