Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Working At Home Has Been Nearly Impossible

About a month ago I decided I was going to set hours for myself. I decided that the things I do in the day with my kids and house chores would be my "day job". I scheduled my day job hours to end at 5:00pm.
Ok I realize this may sound crazy because every mom knows their responsibilities don't end at 5:00pm. What this really did for me was to keep me from getting online and doing work until after 5:00 pm. I wrote about this more on my SuperMom Life blog.
My family life has been much better now that I don't get on the computer until evening but the problem is that I don't really have much time to work. Some days I have to skip it completely. Since the type of work I do is very flexible I don't have pressures except for the ones I place upon myself.
This has reflected on how much money I have been making though. Before I started this schedule I was making from $400 - $600 a month. Now I am not making nearly that much. But money isn't everything. I had to think about my family and how all the time on the computer was affecting them.
I am now trying to get back into the swing of things and balance work and home life. We will see how I manage.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home