Thursday, November 09, 2006

Internet Phone

I have been hearing a lot about Internet Phone Service lately. I am really curious to find out whether this will be the way things are in a few years. I suppose when cell phones came out there was probably some doubt about the future use of cellular phone service. The first phones where huge and I don't think they work that great. I am not old enough to know :o).
There are more and more companies offering the VoIP service. I have heard that people where having trouble with Internet phones. The biggest complaints I have heard are dropped calls, and static. But like with most new services there are going to be glitches that need to be improved upon. There must be people finding this service useful because these types companies seem to be booming. It may be that people are will to put up with some of the problems for $16.00 unlimited local and long distance. That is pretty cheap. I like cheap. But I also need good phone service.
I am personally going to wait and see. I don't have broadband internet so this service wouldn't work here. Who knows what will happen in a few months/years. I do enjoy trying new things so we will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home