Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Walking

My husband and I have started an early morning walk routine. We just started this week so I don't know if you can call it a routine yet. We plan to take a walk around our neighborhood every morning if we can.
The reason why I all of a sudden felt the need to start exercising is because last week my daughter and I went on a 2 day field trip with her class. The field trip was to Yosemite so we did a little hiking and a lot of walking. Well, it turns out I am the one that was most out of shape. There were 3 other moms and my daughters teacher all keep up a fast passed walked.
The first day I could keep up fine but the second day I was sore and tired. Plus it was a hard hike. We had to climb these stairs that seemed to never end. Anyway, I was the straggler at the bottom of the hill while the other moms were already at the top. I made it up though, burning legs and all. Coming down the hill was almost just as hard because my legs couldn't stop shaking.
So I discovered how really out of shape I was. The worst part might be that my daughters teacher was in the lead of all of us and she is 57 years old. I couldn't even come close to keeping up with her.
I don't want to take my health and my ability to walk for granted any more. So I better get myself in shape and start acting like a 30 something women. I could be a 30 something women for at least 20 more years if I take care of my health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home