Thursday, July 27, 2006

What I have to say about credit cards.

Credit cards should never be an option for purchasing. I know not everyone agrees with me on this topic but I have very good reason for saying this. My husband and I have accumulated thousands of dollars in credit card debt. We bought into the lie that the world is being fed "You need and you need now". We go so fed up with our lives repeating the same pattern we decided to make some drastic changes. After reading Dave Ramsey's book "The Total Money Makeover"we realized we were being very foolish with our finances. We already knew we were being foolish we just didn't realize how foolish until we read his book. It has been over six months since we read his material and we haven't borrowed one cent since. I can stress these points enough - You don't need to borrow money to buy things. Save you money and then buy. If you don't have enough money to pay bills, sell something (a car, house, misc stuff) or get another job. Why do I say this? Can you imagine for a moment what you could do with all the money you are making in "payments". Some of us have car payments, average $300 a month or loan payments, credit cards, etc. If you had all that money on a monthly basis not going into a payment, might you be able to save for college, retirement, vacation? Our family has made some drastic changes because we finally realized they we were giving our money away to greed and childish wants. Make the choice to never borrow money again (unless it's a house with a 15 year loan). You will love yourself for it years from now when you can pay for you vacation to Europe with CASH.

That being said I now must give you a review of a web release from a credit card company:

"Conduct a free credit search, with no obligations whatsoever, that will leave you well-informed about the various terms and conditions of usage of each individual credit card, along with its online application link." quote from bizjournals.com web release. I will say no more. You know how I feel about credit cards.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mona, it's me, LALALA from MommyJobs! I agree whole heartedly with your philosophy here and just wanted to tell you thank you for reconfirming something I've been thinking about for the past few weeks. Now to make that "drastic change".....
LOL! :-)

By the way, I like the way you added that Blogitive ad! Excellent!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home