Thursday, November 23, 2006

A great gift idea

Microscopes are one of the coolest things ever invented. My son just went on a field trip to UC Santa Barbara. His class was apart of the Nano Quest field trip they were offering to schools this year. It was great and I think he learn a lot of information. One thing he go to do was view and use an atomic force microscope. The actual microscope they used was actually in another state. They were controlling the microscope with a computer. I wish I could have been in the lab with him. It was an experience I hope he will remember forever. From what I remember an atomic force microscope doesn't use light like a regular microscope.
There are so many cool microscopes available. Look at these cool microscopes. They offer microscopes from every price range and capability. But you won't find an Atomic Force microscope because that would probably cost much more than you could afford :o).
Anyway, if you know a child that you think could interested in science you should check out these scopes. Microscopes.com offers great microscope gift packages. I think my son would love to have a microscope but I don't know if it will be as cool as the one he saw at UCSB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home