Thursday, November 09, 2006

Santa

When I was about 10 year old one of my friends told me that there was no such thing as Santa Claus. I was ok with this until I asked my Dad, sister and brother if this was true. They all giggled and said "Yes, there is a Santa". I said are you lying and they giggle and said "No, there really is a Santa". Well, I didn't believe them and for some reason scared for life at the blatant lying.
So now that I have kids I don't do the Santa thing partly because of my horrible experience and probably most importantly because I don't want to take away the true meaning of Christmas which is the birth of Jesus.
I don't get all weird around others that play the "Santa game" with their kids. I will play along and I tell my kids to play along too. I tell my kids it's a game parents play with their kids and we shouldn't ruin the fun.
So I know some of you reading will disagree with me and would love have "Santa" send your kids a letter. Don't think twice about teaching your kids that LYING is ok... No really I am joking. Storybookcast.com will send you a Letter From Santa. They have a large selection of letters and papers and a low price compared to some other companies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home